It isTHIS easy
In our busy, modern lives, the ease of fast food and long working hours means that the population is being overweight and sick. Our ancestors were not like this – they got regular exercise from their daily lifestyle and did not consume such fatty and sugary foods. It is essential for your health and well-being to adopt a better, healthier lifestyle.
There are many ways you can lose weight and be more active – the health food market is big business, so there are lots of ways in which you can embrace a more beneficial way of life.
Planning your meals will make sure you and your family are getting the best quality nutrition. It is all too easy to visit the supermarket and grab a ready meal off the shelf. Instead, have a shopping list and look for the freshest produce to create simple, tasty and wholesome meals. Including fresh fruit and vegetables in your recipes will give you the recommended 5 portions a day, which is essential for maintaining a healthy heart.
There are plenty of ways you can enjoy your favourite foods, but without all the fat, salt, sugar and high calories:
- Swap sugar for honey, stevia, maple sugar, coconut sugar
- Swap white bread for wholegrain bread or gluten free bread
- Swap full fat cow milk for dairy free milk or goat milk
- Swap sugary breakfast cereals for fruit juice sweeten gluten free cereal or wholegrain hot oatmeal
- Swap vegetable oil for coconut oil, olive oil
- Swap sugary drinks for no added sugar fruit juice or coconut water or just water
- Swap ice cream for dairy free coconut milk or almond milk ice cream
- Swat soda for sparkling water and add natural no sugar added fruit juice
Cooking at home using fresh, quality ingredients can be something that the whole family can be involved with and enjoy. Teaching your children how to cook simple meals will mean they will be able to look after themselves in years to come, and not rely on fast food and takeaways
Getting enough exercise is very important. We all have busy lives, but even the smallest amount of exercise can make all the difference to your health. You don’t even need to pay expensive gym fees to get exercise. Try walking short distances instead of taking the car. Get off the bus a stop earlier and walk the rest of the way. Take your children to the park and get them involved too. The body’s natural states are contraction and relaxation, and if they become unbalanced, it can lead to stress and illness.
By making small changes to your lifestyle you can bring great improvements to your health.
© 2017 Life-Coach.com All rights reserved.